Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday's Blog Roundup August 15 -21

I have noticed that most of the “best of” very rarely mention Canadian Blogs or Bloggers. So Here we go in trying to put together a list of Canadian Blogs for the week.

Searching Middle Names” in “Anglo-Celtic Connections” by John D. Reid. I have logged before about how I wish my own ancestors made use of more middle names. It sure would have made genealogical life easier for me. I am impressed with  John’s blog overall.

Brenda Dougall Merriman in her blog called of course “Brenda Dougall Merriman” has been posting highlights of her interesting trip through Scotland.  Ah - the Eld Country as they say in Dunwich Township.

Lorine McGuiness Shultz in her blog “Olive Tree Genealogy Blog” has been posting an ongoing  series entitled “Sharing Memories”.

Diane Rogers in her blog ‘CanadaGenealogy, Or Jane’s Your Aunt” keeps us well informed as to what is happening in La La Land (for non-Canadians that is British Columbia).

Speaking of La La Land I try to keep track of the humour (Canadian spelling - live with it) of it all with “Family Trees May Contain Nuts”. Personally I think the bear at the picnic table is as guilty as they come.He is probably the Godfather of the Black Bear Clan.

Looking4Ancestors”. Oh well looks like the summer holiday bug hit here!

On that note if you are suffering from insomnia or have nothing else to do there is always my other blog “Veterans Of Southwestern Ontario”.

Randy Seaver over at “Genea-Musings” hosts a “Best of The Genea-Blogs” which is well worth looking into. At the end he writes. “Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 660 genealogy bloggers using Bloglines, but I still miss quite a few it seems“. He is so darn polite that I wonder if he has any Canadian ancestors in his family tree?.

Let me say here that I do not suffer from insomnia, I have never suffered from insomnia. There is no way I am going through 660 blogs. Ever!

1 comment:

Randy Seaver said...

Hi William,

Thanks for the shoutout and your list of Canadian genea-blog posts to read. I have all of those bloggers on my Bloglines reader. Well, except for your Veterans blog.

Bloglines lets you add any number of blogs, and shows you which ones that have new content. So you only have to click on those with new content. I typically read my Bloglines list 4 or 5 times a day, and typically spend 30 to 40 minutes a day doing so. It's much more efficient than Google Reader and signing up for email posts on each blog.

Yes, I do have some Canadian ancestry. If you check my Surname Saturday posts for Kemp and Sovereen you'll find them.

My mother told me to be polite to everybody - she was really smart!
And polite too.

Take care -- Randy