The Olympics are almost on us so for a little bit of fun:
Ten giveaways that show you are Canadian.
1. You find -40C a little chilly.
2. You end every sentence with “Eh!”. Or better yet “Eh!” is the sentence.
3. You know that Toronto (pronounced “Trawna” ) is not a province.
4. You dismiss all beers under 6% as for the elderly or Americans eh!
5.You know that a mickey and a 2-4 means that the party starts now!
6. You know four seasons - Winter, Mosquito, Summer, What! Winter Again! Eh!
7. If there is a social problem you turn to your government to fix it- not to stay out of it.
8. Sexy is tube socks and a flannel nighty with at least 12 buttons down the front.
9. In Ontario our Civil War (The Rebellion of 1836) was basically a bar fight that lasted little more than an hour. The only one to be hanged was an American mercenary who slept in, missed the fight, and then showed up just in time to get caught.
10. We elect Prime Ministers for very logical reasons. English speaking- French speaking- English speaking- French speaking. The only time we changed was when we elected a Prime Minister who couldn’t speak either English or French. Made for a confusing election though. Eh!